The Manual Plate Meter is an accurate, robust and easy-to-use rising plate meter for measuring pasture cover in grass paddocks. The unique folding handle design and removable plate also make the Jenquip Manual Folding Plate Meter easy to transport, store and carry between paddocks.
The plastic or Aluminium plate produce highly repeatable results for accuracy that’s second only to cutting, drying and weighing pasture samples, a method that’s impractical on-farm. The result is a series of accurate measurements of grass height that also accounts for any variation in pasture density.
Two simple counters total the meter readings taken and count the number of individual readings, allowing quick and easy calculation of an average reading for each paddock.
A comprehensive instruction handbook is included with each Jenquip Manual Folding Plate Meter. In addition a Carry Bag and Electronic Conversion kit are available and are separately as optional extras
Instructions on how to convert rising plate pasture meter readings to pasture cover and pasture dry matter values can be found in the handbook. The recommended conversion for the UK is x 125 + 640. More information on formulas can be found here.
- Accurate measurement — second only to cutting, drying and weighing pasture samples.
- Measurement range — 0-250mm of compressed pasture height. 400mm shafts are available for measuring tropical grasses
- Folding handle — for easy transport and storage.
- Simple to use — cumulative pasture counter automatically totals pasture height readings.
- Repairable — without changing reading accuracy, allowing new results to be compared to old.
- Reliable — high quality materials and accurate manufacturing ensure reliability and long service life.
- Adjustable — sample counter position can be adjusted to suit individual preferences.